Rennie Spearmint fast-acting tablets get to work within minutes to provide effective relief from heartburn, indigestion and acid reflux.
Each tablet contains two antacids - calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate - that work quickly and powerfully to neutralise excess acid in the stomach.
Read the package leaflet before use.
Adults and children over 12 years: Two tablets to be sucked or chewed, as required, preferably 1 hour after meals and before bedtime.
For heartburn, an extra 2 tablets may be taken between these times.
- Suitable for use in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not take more than 10 tablets a day.
- Children under 12: Not recommended.
- Each Tablet contains active substances: Calcium Carbonate 680mg and Heavy Magnesium Carbonate 80mg
- Also contains Sucrose (250mg) and Glucose (250mg), spearmint flavour, talc, povidone, saccharin sodium, magnesium stearate.
Warnings and restrictions
- Always read the patient information leaflet before using it.
- Do not use if you have any allergies to any of the ingredients.
- Speak to your doctor or pharmacist if you have kidney problems
- Long-term use of high doses can cause high blood levels of calcium, especially in people with kidney conditions.
Taking other medicines
If you are taking any of the following medicines speak to your doctor or pharmacist
before taking Rennie Orange Flavour because it can affect how these medicines work.
- Tetracyclines and quinolones (antibiotics)
- Bisphosphonates (used for the treatment of osteoporosis)
- Dolutegravir (an anti-retroviral medicine used for the treatment of HIV infection)
- Levothyroxine (a thyroid hormone)
- Eltrombopag (used to increase the number of platelets)
- Digoxin (used for some heart conditions)
- Thiazide diuretics (water tablets to treat fluid retention and high blood pressure)
- Fluorides (for preventing dental caries)
- Phosphates (for clearing the bowel before a surgical procedure)
- Iron supplements.
To maximise the benefit of all medicines being used, take Rennie Orange Flavour at least 4 hours before or after taking eltrombopag and 1 to 2 hours after taking any other medicines.
Do not store above 25°C.
Keep out of sight and reach of children.