Strepsils Honey & Lemon Lozenges contain two antiseptic ingredients for the symptomatic relief of mouth and throat infections.
These ingredients are both mild antiseptics which kill the bacteria associated with mouth and throat infections.
The action of sucking the lozenge allows the active ingredients to work in the area of the discomfort and also helps lubricate and soothe the painful area.
This helps relieve the soreness and discomfort of mouth and throat infections.
- Adults, children (over 6 years old) and the elderly: One lozenge to be dissolved slowly in the mouth every 2–3 hours up to a maximum of 12 lozenges in 24 hours.
- This product is not recommended for children under 6 years. Remember that young children can choke on lozenges.
- If symptoms persist, have not improved, or have worsened after 3 days, consult a doctor or pharmacist.
- Active Ingredients: 2,4-Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol 1.2mg, Amylmetacresol 0.6mg
- Also contains: Sucrose, Glucose Syrup, Honey, Tartaric Acid, Peppermint Oil, Terpeneless Lemon Oil and Quinoline Yellow (E104)
- Each Lozenge contains 1g of Glucose and 1.4g of Sucrose
Warnings and restrictions
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you:
- are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription
- suffer from any other throat problems.
Check with your pharmacist or your doctor before taking this product if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Do NOT use if:
- you are allergic (hypersensitive) to 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol, amylmetacresol, or any of the other ingredients
- you have an intolerance to certain sugars such as fructose, glucose-galactose and sucrose-isomaltose. These would be normally confirmed by your doctor. Intolerance would lead from conditions such as deficiency of the enzyme fructose-I-phosphate aldolase (leading to fructose intolerance), glucose-galactose malabsorption and sucrase-isomaltase deficiencies.
Do not give this product to children under 6 years old.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Taking other medicines
This medication is unlikely to interact with most medication. However, speak to your pharmacist or doctor if you are taking any other medication, especially if you are treating conditions of the mouth and throat.
Do not store above 25° C.